Nice and early today 🙂
- I love Rock Band and I love that I have gotten past a couple of mental/physical blocks on drumming and bits that used to confuse the hell out of me now make sense. It’s good to notice that your skills are improving. I also love buying new clothes and shoes for my sprites.
- I am grateful for Time off work when I am not feeling sick, and can get stuff done. I have big plans for today, yesterday I saw a couple of movies and bought fabric for my dress for the Windy Lindy swing ball and my Angel-in-law is starting work on it now….exciting! I also posted a book someone won off me and changed the sheets on the bed and played Rock Band and finished reading….
- Once Upon a Time in the North is a little shot novel by Phillip Pullman, set int the world of His Dark Materials. It’s about a young Lee Scoresby and his first meeting with Iorek Byrnison. It’s very good if you like those characters, which I do. I got it out from the library, but if you buy it you get a ‘rally to the North Pole’ board game with it.
- I love that nightfall is getting later, it really makes a difference to me if the sun is still out at 5.30pm, it means that summer is actually coming and I won’t be trapped in midwinter forever. Sometimes I forget these things.
- My friends and family. It’s nice to see so much of Svend during the festival, as well as a few other dedicated film festivaller friends. Plus aforementioned Angel-in-law making me a dress for no payment, and bonding with Lee’s sister as a result of taking up swing. I really am lucky to have so many lovely people in my life.
Honourable mentions: Getting into bed with clean sheets and having a warm night under a flannel sheet and a polar fleece blanket, letting myself not write and not feeling guilty, snuggling, hot chocolate, fresh scones, oaty hotcakes, legwarmers, laughing.
Please do share your list of happy-making things!