* Grocery shopping for more chocolate melts, gladware, lemon, orange, candy canes. While out also go to Gordon Harris for more silver sparkly fabric paint, as ‘Team Edward’ shirts are popular and I’ve now run out.
Make chocolates**** See below., cookies (Lebkuchen dough made yesterday, bake it up tomorrow.) Afghans, spice crisps.
* Finish Giffy’s Christmas present. Eh, near enough.
* Take photo of self in surgerised t-shirts for putting on Trade Me
* Scrub down bathroom….funsies.
* Figure out what to wear on Christmas day.
So yesterday I made a batch of delicious chocolates from the Mindfood magazine where you just blender a packet of digestives, add orange juice and ground almonds and melted chocolate, form balls out of the stuff, fridge them and then cover them in chocolate. These are superb. Then I made a batch of oreo truffles and I guess I was high from my earlier success, but I used a whole tub of cream cheese with the packet of oreos and the mixture tasted very much like….cream cheese. I covered ’em with chocolate anyway because maybe the chocolate will offset the cream cheese right?
But then I was too scared to try one in case they’re awful. I gave one to Lee who said “very rich!” and then “I like the other ones more” and then when I asked if it was too much cream cheese he said ominously “You can definitely tell there’s cream cheese in them.”
I’m trying to figure out what to do with them now. People like chocolate and oreos and cream cheese. Maybe I should advertise them as cream cheese truffles? I am in agony of indecision. I kind of just want to bin them all and make another batch of digestive chocolates but it is such a waste to throw them out and that seems Wrong and Bad. Any suggestions from blogland?
CO: seeing Giffy and E this afternoon!