- Fresh fruit salad this time of year kicks ass. Summer is awesome for fruit. You know it. Nom.
- It is a properly hot summery day outside. The waterfront is packed with people walking, roller blading, strolling, riding crocodile bikes….you name it. I adore this heat. I am such a lizard. I am chuffed that I can wear just my summery cotton dress and not get cold.
- The colossal squid at Te Papa doesn’t have tentacles that are very long but the mantle is freaking huge. It gave me a shiver. It was neat to be able to get such a close look at it and I liked the video where they filmed it getting caught. I also like that Te Papa is air conditioned.
- Coldplay’s Viva La Vida or Death and all His Friends album. It’s all strung through with deep rhythms and overlaid with pretty melodies. I am really enjoying it to be honest with you. But I also hope that they play some of the classic old stuff at the concert as well.
- Weekends, holidays, seeing friends, relaxing, sleeping in, napping and reading.
You might not be able to tell, but I’m feeling happier today than I was on Thursday. I *heart* time that’s my own.
For the new Icing transformation challenge I’m going to focus on making myself write for at least an hour a day. I’m slowly pulling my productivity levels back up but it’s very easy to procrastinate, and procrastination is funsies.
My reason for doing this? Well, so I can get closer to my darling, beautiful goal of being published and actually making some money from something I have written. I know I can do it, because I have done so in the past (like when I did kiwinowrimo) and if I get my current stuff done then I can start something new and delicious. The grass is always greener on the unwritten project after all.
Ok, so I might have mild sunstroke, but whatever. *runs off to drink iced water that is rapidly warming up*